Beekay Taxation & Investment LLP
Commitment to Privacy
Beekay Taxation & Investment LLP Data Privacy Statement
Beekay Taxation & Investment LLP (herein “Beekay Associates”) is a limited liability company.
All references to “personal data” in this policy mean information that could be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, name, address, email address, or phone number.
As a registered company, Beekay Associates guards its client’s personal and financial information in the strictest of confidence. Beekay Associates is also committed to safeguarding and protecting the privacy of all visitors to its website or interested persons who communicate personal and financial information with Beekay Associates, whether potential clients or otherwise. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Obtaining Personal Data
In connection with our professional activities, we regularly seek out potential clients and others who may be interested in learning more about our advisory services. In the process of regular business activity, we may collect certain basic personal data:
- » During the client onboarding and account opening process;
- » During the initial or any ongoing financial planning process with a client;
- » When you or a member of your immediate family seeks a confidential consultation with us;
- » When you sign up for our mailing list, or register for our complementary educational topics on investment management and/or financial planning topics of interest to you;
- » When you browse or interact with our websites or access website research or other information;
- » When you engage in email, telephonic, or internet communications with our financial professionals.
We do not pay third parties to provide us with lists of personal data. However, in some cases, we may seek and collect data about individuals through publicly available third-party sources, such as social media, news, or company websites. However, in most cases, individuals provide us their data directly.
Types of data collected by Beekay Associates
Outside of client planning and onboarding communications, and confidential consultations, the personal information that we collect and process on individuals is limited to simple contact information (name, city/country, email, phone number, etc.). Only clients and prospective clients that engage in direct, confidential communications with us provide additional information. We obtain this additional information only directly from you, not from any third-party service.
Sharing and Use of Personal Data
Except in response to direct instructions from you (e.g., a client asks us to send a brokerage tax record to their accountant), we do not share your personal data with third parties. We will otherwise only use your personal data internally in connection with our ordinary professional activities as an investment advisory firm. These “permitted” uses may include:
- » Providing confidential financial advice and other services to our clients;
- » Providing confidential consultations to potential clients or others who are considering doing business with us;
- » Internal activities to satisfy our compliance, security and regulatory obligations;
- » Communicating with you with respect to new research, webinars, or other firm activities or events that may be of interest to you; and
- » Fulfilling other tasks that you may request or any other purpose for which you provide your consent.
Safeguarding Personal Data
As a regulated investment advisory firm, we take reasonable and appropriate measures at Beekay Associates to protect against the unauthorized or unlawful use of your personal data and to prevent the theft or accidental loss or destruction of your personal consistent with our internal and regulatory security policies and procedures. Personal data is securely protected on our own internal servers and the technology systems of our trusted technology vendors.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
Upon your request, we will refrain from sending you future communications or information that we provide in the course of our business and we will honour your request to remove your personal data from our records.
Beekay Taxation & Investment LLP Privacy Statement was updated in March 2020, and may be amended from time to time to reflect updated legal requirements or evolving best practices in data collection and protection.
How to Contact Us